PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Looking for something like strato.de

Inforcer
04/06/06, 18:37
Hello all,

I am living in the fine Kingdom of the Netherlands now and I am very glad I do :)

However I do have a problem due to that now: I would like to get a server from strato.de but I cannot since they only sell to people living in Germany :r

I wanted to ask if there is any provider here in NL, that can offer me something similar.

I am talking about
http://www.strato.de/server/highend/index.html
and to be precise, the SR3
- Opteron
- 1 GB RAM
- 1 TB Traffic
- Plesk 8 + Suse (64) 10.0 (important)

I don't care about the 39 Euro/month catch offer, 49 Euro/month will be just fine.

If it is a few Euros more and/or a few specs less I don't mind either but it should be in that given range.

Anyone who can point me to a provider that can give me what I need? :)

Thanks,
Inforcer

Hollanda
04/06/06, 19:00
Prices here will be higher here and from what I've heard: some .de providers overload their uplinks too much, so in theorie you can't use the 3TB a month, which make the price difference considerable .de <> .nl

Inforcer
04/06/06, 23:17
Prices here will be higher here and from what I've heard: some .de providers overload their uplinks too much, so in theorie you can't use the 3TB a month, which make the price difference considerable .de <> .nl

Oh that's ok! Especially towards traffic I am most reluctant. Even 800-1000GB would be fine, as long as it is such a configuration and with Plesk 8.0 / Suse 10.0 (64) :o

Zor.in
04/06/06, 23:21
What kind of an AMD Opteron do you need?

Apoc
05/06/06, 01:04
I think the question should be: "what is your budget, and what kind of service level are you looking for?". Sure you could get a dedicated server for 39 euros per month, but I wouldn't expect anything near quality.

If your budget is under 80 euros per month you'll probably find a better price/quality product with VPS technology. If your budget is 80 euros/mo or more a dedicated server should be fine though - just make sure to be very picky when choosing your provider. It's probably best to make a shortlist and do some in-depth research on all providers on that list.

However, if you are looking for a server on which uptime is not the main concern, you could still consider the dedicated server providers whom offer rock-bottom prices.

Inforcer
05/06/06, 09:57
What kind of an AMD Opteron do you need?
Actually any Opteron or Athlon64 would be fine.

I think the question should be: "what is your budget, and what kind of service level are you looking for?". Sure you could get a dedicated server for 39 euros per month, but I wouldn't expect anything near quality.

If your budget is under 80 euros per month you'll probably find a better price/quality product with VPS technology. If your budget is 80 euros/mo or more a dedicated server should be fine though - just make sure to be very picky when choosing your provider. It's probably best to make a shortlist and do some in-depth research on all providers on that list.

However, if you are looking for a server on which uptime is not the main concern, you could still consider the dedicated server providers whom offer rock-bottom prices.

Hi,

well uptime is indeed not so much my concern, 97-98% is fair enough.

However, I got in touch with a lot of people on a board (b1gmail.de) and the use Strato Servers and are very happy with them.

I want to offer a free email service, so low cost is crucial to me.