PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Trendmicro: upgrade!

Ahead-IT
27/07/04, 11:14
Voor diegenen die Trendmicro producten gebruiken:

From: trendmicro_customerservices@trendmicro.com [mailto:trendmicro_customerservices@trendmicro.com]
Subject: URGENT NOTIFICATION TO TREND MICRO CUSTOMERS
Importance: High

Dear Valued Customer,

If you are running Trend Micro products issued before August 2003 and do not upgrade urgently, you WILL NOT BE PROTECTED in a few weeks from now!

Trend Micro is changing the way it displays its pattern files. As this involves a change in programme coding, only compatible products will be able to recognise the pattern file, and run the latest protection.

If you are using any Trend Micro product issued before AUGUST 2003, your products WILL NOT be compatible. You must upgrade to the new product version or apply the NPF service pack immediately.

Upgrades and the service pack are free of charge and can be downloaded from

http://www.trendmicro-europe.com/npf

What happens if I don't upgrade?
If the Trend Micro products you deploy are affected, and you do not upgrade, you will not be able to download pattern files beyond #980. After this time, you will not be able to deploy latest protection against computer viruses, and will be putting your IT system (or PC) at risk.

How do I proceed?
Step 1: To see if your products are affected, go to: http://www.trendmicro-europe.com/npf

Step 2: If your products are affected, decide whether you want to upgrade to the latest product version or apply the New Pattern File Numbering Format (NPF) Service Pack, if it is available for your product version.

Step 3: Download a product update or the applicable NPF Service Pack. Links to instructions for applying the Service Pack and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) are also available.

What if I need help?

If you need assistance, please visit our online support page: http://support.antivirus.co.uk/trendnpf/index.jsp. Here you will find details of how to obtain email and/or telephone support (for urgent cases). Please note that this is a system generated email, please do not reply directly. Please visit the above URL and submit details. This will enable us to deal with your query in an efficient manner.

Cybafish
27/07/04, 11:39
Daar staat in dat je onmiddelijk moet upgraden om ervoor te zorgen dat je systeem de daarna volgende updates kan lezen, aangezien TrendMicro overstapt op een ander formaat update packages.

Ahead-IT
27/07/04, 11:46
Je hebt gelijk! Blijkbaar heb ik me mislezen.

S2S-Robert
27/07/04, 15:38
Misschien ff een mod vragen je topic titel aan te passen, vrij essentiele fout namelijk :D

Wat heeft dit trouwens met netwerk storingen te maken?

Ahead-IT
27/07/04, 15:41
Origineel geplaatst door S2S-Robert
Misschien ff een mod vragen je topic titel aan te passen, vrij essentiele fout namelijk :D

Wat heeft dit trouwens met netwerk storingen te maken?
Lijkt me meest gepast hier...

RobbertC
27/07/04, 15:52
Titel wat veranderd ;)