PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : 1 Mbit = 65 EUR

M. Stalder
04/06/03, 23:46
Would anyone be interested in taking IP transit off our hands for 65 EUR / Mbit (95% billing)?

- No minimum contract length, no setup fees -

Location would be Frankfurt, Germany.

Fast Ethernet-Port, 100 Mbit/s burstable
BGP-Session on request

This offer is also available in combination with Colocation or Dedicated Servers.

Contact via eMail: ms2@lightupnet.de

Regards
Markus

We Dare
04/06/03, 23:53
Sounds interesting, do you have some sort of looking glass ?

Savvas
05/06/03, 06:19
This is only available as a service to people with a AS number right?

GetHosted
05/06/03, 09:46
Origineel geplaatst door Intrahost
I guess with a simple switch, and a ATM or whatever (We Dare 'can' explain ;) ) you can be getting ONLY data from him, with an AS (so to speak also a router) you can still choose your shortest route, and even traffic over the AMS-IX...

M. Stalder
05/06/03, 10:41
Origineel geplaatst door Intrahost

No, it's available to virtually anyone. You can buy colocation, lease a dedicated server or get the bandwidth to a remote location off our POP... AS not needed, we can provide you with IP addresses out of our allocation.

Regards
Markus

DennisP
05/06/03, 12:41
Hi Mister Stalder,

Can i ask you on what technologie your network runs?

What kind of backbone YOU use (not your transits routers), what kind of backbone switches you use. And what is your estimate on your total backbone usage in mbit/s of customer traffic?

What kind of transits do you have connected and on wich speeds?

Why do I ask? You will see if your answer is satifying enough :)

M. Stalder
05/06/03, 15:57
Origineel geplaatst door DennisP

Why do I ask?

I'm not sure if I want to know the reason behind your questions. ;-)

We're not in charge of our own physical backbone except for the interconnections between our racks ;-) (there are people out there who declare this as their "own multiple gigabit backbone"). We simply purchase capacity, including IP transit, from ISPs with a larger footprint.

I don't want to tell you how much Mbit/s flow over our transit pipes.

We're multihomed with AS12306 and AS21501, 100 Mbit/s each.

I hope that satisfies you.

Regards
Markus

DennisP
05/06/03, 19:30
Yes i asked the question to know what kind of backbone and technology I can connect to, because our network is expanding and we have a gigabit connection (over mpls) to Germany and will connect to the decix, but I was in search for a backup connection, because our gigabit connection to belgium from germany is not their they only delivered at this moment 2 connections to germany and to belgium from amsterdam. So I just was interested to connect you as a backup transit that will be a part of our network and will connect on BGP.

Make me an offer for 1 100Base-T connection to our juniper equipment in Interxion at Frankfurt.

M. Stalder
05/06/03, 19:52
Origineel geplaatst door DennisP

Make me an offer for 1 100Base-T connection to our juniper equipment in Interxion at Frankfurt.

I will take this off-forum...

Regards
Markus