Well, I can only reply:

Translate the rules then!!!

:-)

Regards
Markus

superior-is
24/05/03, 06:02
the quick and dirty version:

1. The first rule is not to talk about fight club... ehr sorry that's the wrong one..

1. Don't advertise in your first post or it will be deleted.

2. Only advertise in the advert forum or use it in your .sig in a subtile manner. We also moderate .sigs so don't abuse it.

3. Be nice and polite in your postings and don't jerk around.

4. Only one alias/logonname per person or company.

5. If you spam, we ban.

6. Participants may not instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof. This rule is also applicable in the advertising forums.

7. Participants may not post any commission, referral or affliate links anywhere on the forum, this includes the advertising forums

[now the one which applies to you]
8. Only one ad per week.
(The dutch variant also states that you must contribute to wht and not use wht as advertisting. But because you are our only German the rule of contributing is a bit hard. ;))

9. Your .sig may be up to 4 lines high, but may contain only 1 url.

NLISP
24/05/03, 14:59
Maybe the webhostingtalk.nl was ment for dutch people, i can imagine why the admins of this board do NOT have english forums of the rules. You might find at webhostingtalk.com , the similair english version of this forum.... This was only a small suggestion nor i critisize your behaviour.

M. Stalder
24/05/03, 20:16
Origineel geplaatst door superior-is
the quick and dirty version:

8. Only one ad per week.
(The dutch variant also states that you must contribute to wht and not use wht as advertisting. But because you are our only German the rule of contributing is a bit hard. ;))

Thanks superior-is!

Does "week" really mean week or rather 7 days? In other words: can I post on Sunday evening and then again on Monday morning, or only the next coming Sunday evening?

Regards
Markus

M. Stalder
24/05/03, 20:20
Origineel geplaatst door NLISP
Maybe the webhostingtalk.nl was ment for dutch people, i can imagine why the admins of this board do NOT have english forums of the rules. You might find at webhostingtalk.com , the similair english version of this forum.... This was only a small suggestion nor i critisize your behaviour.

And I can imagine that people from The Netherlands would be more interested in our colocation services than people from the States or Canada. Holland -> Germany is a 2 hour car trip. USA -> Germany is a 8 hours flight. The same applies for connectivity. Latency from Germany to the States is 100 ms, but only 8 ms to Holland.

We're also present at webhostingtalk.com, .com.sg and others. Why not fill all possible markets?

Regards
Markus

superior-is
25/05/03, 11:55
Origineel geplaatst door M. Stalder

Does "week" really mean week or rather 7 days? In other words: can I post on Sunday evening and then again on Monday morning, or only the next coming Sunday evening?

Good one :) Please keep 7 days between the adverts. You are however obliged to make concurrent biddings in other posts in the advertising forum.

Wezz6400
25/05/03, 14:06
Origineel geplaatst door M. Stalder

And I can imagine that people from The Netherlands would be more interested in our colocation services than people from the States or Canada. Holland -> Germany is a 2 hour car trip. USA -> Germany is a 8 hours flight. The same applies for connectivity. Latency from Germany to the States is 100 ms, but only 8 ms to Holland.

We're also present at webhostingtalk.com, .com.sg and others. Why not fill all possible markets?

Regards
Markus
I don't want to be rude, nor do I want to get you away from this forum. But my opinion is that this forums language is Dutch and thus all posts should be in Dutch. I understand that you want to target the Dutch market but this forums language is Dutch. That is also the reason why the rules are in Dutch.

Just my 2 cents :)