PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Highest quality managed hosting in Netherlands?

lazardfrere
22/08/11, 21:14
I'm looking to host a site in Netherlands that will mainly cater to US/Canada visitors.

Which is the best quality (money no issue) managed web host?

i.e. is there a rackspace of the Netherlands?

(Sorry for speaking English on this forum...)

rimote
22/08/11, 21:48
I believe speaking English is OK here. There's a Dutch rackspace: http://www.rackspace.nl/ but not sure where they host their servers. Could be in the UK.

Who is the best? We all are of course. The problem is that we cannot advertise ourselves except in this forum: http://www.webhostingtalk.nl/aanbiedingen-gezocht/
You can post your wishes there and we can react by providing an offer.

Good luck and kind regards,

Rimote

visser
23/08/11, 01:15
I'm looking to host a site in Netherlands that will mainly cater to US/Canada visitors.

Which is the best quality (money no issue) managed web host?

i.e. is there a rackspace of the Netherlands?

(Sorry for speaking English on this forum...)

You realize that from a technical point of view transatlantic hosting (60-80+ msec) will never give the _best_ possible user experience, all else being equal ?
It may be very good, or an almost unnoticable difference depending on website design and usage, but in a "best quality money no issue" environment, low latency is a factor. At least, in terms of user experience.

Or is there a specific reason (legal ?) you need the site to be in NL ?

Thijsvdbrink
23/08/11, 10:28
There is a difference between quality and quality.
One hoster may offer 99.99999% uptime, best latency, good servicedesk, and excellent flexibility,
where another is certified against every certification one can think of.

For example, my company offers GxP hosting, where the servers are qualified according to the GxP regulations (think IQ OQ PQ, DS,FS, etcetera), and changes are executed under Change Control. That is not the best hosting out there if uptime is the main drive, (we offer 99.5)
but if the FDA has your company on their most wanted list, you might want to do business with a company that understands quality on paper.

If not, then the added documentation is possibly too much, and therefore possibly too expensive. ;-)

So please, define quality.

Msteltman
23/08/11, 21:08
MOD EDIT: spam... and i'm not talking about the foundation.

Msteltman
30/08/11, 21:34
Commentaar op mods kan per PM naar Domenico

Mark17
31/08/11, 11:30
I can't advice anyone, however I advice to look for companies that have proven to be stable for example by offering mirrors to open source projects that are stable for a few years now.

Apoc
02/09/11, 15:25
I posted a comment with the suggestion that one might want to consider a member of the DHPA. Because the foundation stands for quality, transpacency and members have a proven track record.
But that is considered spam. Very interesting...
So recommending one company is fine, recommending a group of companies is considered SPAM.
Again, interesting logic.

You were recommending a company for which you were/are working for 13 years, according to your LinkedIn profile. Recommending a company which you have an interest in, is indeed considered SPAM.