PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : SuperRacks.net/eu/com, our servers DOWN 10 days no reply from support

webhost2
28/08/10, 11:13
Good Day all.

We are working with superracks for over 4 years and we always prepay servers upfront for six month and so,

Our servers are down for over 10 days now
And support dosen't reply us nor doing anything
We write few times and got very stupid unprofessional reply
provide us with server id , but we have never provided server ID nor anything all support was managed by ip and we have tons of tickets recorded in our mail.

Kindly we would like to take legal step against that company our servers down business got a damage and we need more information on that company who ever can provide and help, thank you very much in advance !!!!

never seen such bad services as superracks provides in last 2 weeks.

24x7group
28/08/10, 12:24
What exactly do you rent / buy with them?
Also, mail is nice, but why don't you give them a call and ask to speak to a supervisor?

If they really refuse to assist you, move on to a better provider, don't waste your time on hoping to get an answer with them.

webhost2
28/08/10, 13:49
What exactly do you rent / buy with them?
Also, mail is nice, but why don't you give them a call and ask to speak to a supervisor?

If they really refuse to assist you, move on to a better provider, don't waste your time on hoping to get an answer with them.

Hello we rent servers but after my post here they have took action and server is working again sad that it took 12 days :(

they just wrote us that they had problem with ticket system
for last 4 years i had no problem with them so i think they really could have some problem

regarding phone number we dont anything from them we'll ask now.

sdetroch
28/08/10, 15:06
Look for a decent provider, 12 days downtime is never acceptable, even not when the datacenter burned off ...

webhost2
28/08/10, 17:17
Richard <support@superracks.net>
date Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM
subjec: server down
hide details 2:31 PM (3 hours ago)
Hello,

We are not actually superracks. There seem to be a issue with Superracks staff. We are helping them out, but they are also unreachable for us. Our director is currently trying to negotiate with the Superracks director if its not better if we take over their business.
We will keep you posted.

-

this is the mail i got from them not clear who is who
hope things are clear and going to work out for everyone am starting to be worried very worried

dreamhost_nl
28/08/10, 18:15
It appears they're in the middle of a takeover/buyout...

Swiftway-UK
28/08/10, 19:00
This is correct. Superracks is in transition of owners.

All shares in Superracks are taken over by Eureka Solutions. Eureka is also the owner the Swiftway brand.
The business Superracks will stay independantly Superracks - at least for the foreseen future.
Currently there are some unexpected issues and problems, that we try to tackle as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the agreement made between former shareholder and Eureka Solutions does not allow for more disclosure.

Monday the 30th of August, two very competent Dutch engineers currently working for Swiftway, will start full time employment with Superracks and will help to smoothen the process of transition.

webhost2
28/08/10, 19:38
well not giving us a services its bad we're 4 years with superracks at least you guys could reply me because you guys have got over 5 emails on reply not to the point at all,
please let us know is all going to remain same or we shall switch to other providers ?

This is correct. Superracks is in transition of owners.

All shares in Superracks are taken over by Eureka Solutions. Eureka is also the owner the Swiftway brand.
The business Superracks will stay independantly Superracks - at least for the foreseen future.
Currently there are some unexpected issues and problems, that we try to tackle as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the agreement made between former shareholder and Eureka Solutions does not allow for more disclosure.

Monday the 30th of August, two very competent Dutch engineers currently working for Swiftway, will start full time employment with Superracks and will help to smoothen the process of transition.

Wynand
28/08/10, 19:52
With "you guys" you're already refering to Swiftway? While you probably know they didn't personally get the notifications you sent (but that the previous owners did), yet blaming them for all issues?
He explained in this post that they are in the progress of taking the company over, given the situation, I don't think it could've been a very smooth transaction anyway.
Knowing Swiftway on these forums and the company behind it, I don't think that there would be many other companies around doing a better job at it.

Besides, although it has taken quite some time, your current issues have been solved. The reason given is more or the less reasonable, so I'm not really sure what you're still trying to achieve here.
I'm sure all clients will get proper communication from Swiftway once they can provide it to you, there's no point in trying to drag more information out of him on public forums when he says he can't give it yet.

Swiftway-UK
28/08/10, 20:15
please let us know is all going to remain same or we shall switch to other providers ?

Actually we hope, that we can improve the odd thing or two. The Superracks staff did a great job at providing customer service and we appreciate that. Transition is always a challenge and always provides a learning curve for any new staff introduced and added to the firm that was taken over.
We believe, that adding several very experienced onsite technicians will help to improve the great service you enjoyed from Superracks.

To go into depths what happened:

It seems, that the communication error was caused by a rapid and repeated opening of new tickets by this client about the same issue - this caused our ticket system to regard clients requests as SPAM.
At some point, our support supervisor found the false positives and assigned the ticket to a support engineer. The support engineer, assumed the server was a Swiftway server and asked for the server ID.
In Swiftway, we use server IDs to ensure, that the person who opens the support ticket, is the actual owner of the server. I think this forum will confirm that anyone on the Internet can track your IP address and your service provider. This is why we feel, that identifying yourself as the customer with an IP address only - is not the safest way to ensure, that no one can abuse the system.

So this caused the confusion and a part of the delays. Once we cleared this up, we logged in to the APC unit with the APC login credentials given by the client, and rebooted the server for the client.

webhost2
29/08/10, 14:17
yes it was very fast after i wrote that i'll post on forums :)
well 12 days downtime it's not a joke you guys were not replying me for 12 days
if it would be 12 hours i can say that there is a mess but 12 days comeon
someone must take responsibility full one

Actually we hope, that we can improve the odd thing or two. The Superracks staff did a great job at providing customer service and we appreciate that. Transition is always a challenge and always provides a learning curve for any new staff introduced and added to the firm that was taken over.
We believe, that adding several very experienced onsite technicians will help to improve the great service you enjoyed from Superracks.

To go into depths what happened:

It seems, that the communication error was caused by a rapid and repeated opening of new tickets by this client about the same issue - this caused our ticket system to regard clients requests as SPAM.
At some point, our support supervisor found the false positives and assigned the ticket to a support engineer. The support engineer, assumed the server was a Swiftway server and asked for the server ID.
In Swiftway, we use server IDs to ensure, that the person who opens the support ticket, is the actual owner of the server. I think this forum will confirm that anyone on the Internet can track your IP address and your service provider. This is why we feel, that identifying yourself as the customer with an IP address only - is not the safest way to ensure, that no one can abuse the system.

So this caused the confusion and a part of the delays. Once we cleared this up, we logged in to the APC unit with the APC login credentials given by the client, and rebooted the server for the client.

Wynand
29/08/10, 14:19
Swiftway pointed out you caused a spamtrigger to flag your tickets, above that I'm still not seeing why you're blaming swiftway for something that was probably your or the previous provider's error..

webhost2
29/08/10, 15:19
Swiftway pointed out you caused a spamtrigger to flag your tickets, above that I'm still not seeing why you're blaming swiftway for something that was probably your or the previous provider's error..

i dont know who to blame id love to see you if your servers were down for 12 days

Wynand
29/08/10, 15:27
i dont know who to blame id love to see you if your servers were down for 12 daysThat's why I have everything colocated in a 1/4 rack 60KM from my house, even on foot it wouldn't take me 12 days to walk that distance.
I agree it should've gone faster, but if the issue got fixed with a simple powercycle, an error or misconfiguration lies at the cause of it.
Unless it's a hardware, network or power issue that the provider was supposed to take care of, you're completely responsible for any errors made on the dedicated box causing it to require a powercycle. You just got quite unlucky by having issues at the wrong time. It does surprise me that the previous provider didn't grant you access to the powerswitch though.

Swiftway isn't an unreasonable provider (yes, I'm a client of them too), I'm sure you can work something out, but there's zero point in doing that in a public forum, as no user but Swiftway can mean anything to you here. These boards aren't an alternative to each and every hosting provider's support desk...

webhost2
29/08/10, 16:47
you're right :)
but it still took to reboot server 12 days and i dont care who took over the company
i pay for server daily
i dont want anyone to look bad or so it's just that i had server down for 12 days
and my business got damaged big time, and simple reboot took to do 12 days
i repeat damn 12 DAYS )
comeon do you think am bored going to complain in here i waited 12 days to have things solved i had no other place to go
emails no reply
phone never provided to us
forum - yes after my post and that i mailed them telling them i'll be posting on forums it was solved after 25 mins.

again thanks for support but 12 days bad time or call it how ever its still 12 days :(

That's why I have everything colocated in a 1/4 rack 60KM from my house, even on foot it wouldn't take me 12 days to walk that distance.
I agree it should've gone faster, but if the issue got fixed with a simple powercycle, an error or misconfiguration lies at the cause of it.
Unless it's a hardware, network or power issue that the provider was supposed to take care of, you're completely responsible for any errors made on the dedicated box causing it to require a powercycle. You just got quite unlucky by having issues at the wrong time. It does surprise me that the previous provider didn't grant you access to the powerswitch though.

Swiftway isn't an unreasonable provider (yes, I'm a client of them too), I'm sure you can work something out, but there's zero point in doing that in a public forum, as no user but Swiftway can mean anything to you here. These boards aren't an alternative to each and every hosting provider's support desk...

Swiftway-UK
06/09/10, 18:40
forum - yes after my post and that i mailed them telling them i'll be posting on forums it was solved after 25 mins.

I can assure you, that posting on the forum had nothing to do with it.
We actually rebooted the server, with the APC remote login credentials that you have given to us. This means, that you could have rebooted the server yourself at any time.

But its odd that your mails flagged as spam in our system, very unfortunate.

chester
23/09/10, 11:35
If the people taking over from Hans (client for over 10 years, no clue what happened to him) are so experienced; why does it take 3 days already for them to set register_globals on a per-domain setting?
With Hans this would have been fixed within minutes.

Can anyone recommend a company as flexible, understanding, supportive and cooperative as superracks 'was'? We as a 'first class' company can not afford this. It will ruin our business in days.

Swiftway-UK
23/09/10, 13:02
If the people taking over from Hans (client for over 10 years, no clue what happened to him) are so experienced; why does it take 3 days already for them to set register_globals on a per-domain setting?

Several reasons. First, you have a unmanaged dedicated server. Second, because you use a control panel, that overwrites any manual change to the configuration file and third because the documented fixes (.htaccess and php.ini) do not work on your server.

To find out why they do not work, we would have to invest a considerable amount of time to get to know your unmanaged dedicated server, since we did not manage it before and are not familiar with its configuration.

The keyword is here: unmanaged dedicated server.
If you like to upgrade to a managed dedicated server, you should talk with our sales department.

Mark17
23/09/10, 15:51
With Hans this would have been fixed within minutes.

Can anyone recommend a company as flexible, understanding, supportive and cooperative as superracks 'was'? We as a 'first class' company can not afford this. It will ruin our business in days.

Just make a request in the right forum section and you'll probably receive offers from multiple companies.

Mikey
23/09/10, 16:02
Several reasons. First, you have a unmanaged dedicated server. Second, because you use a control panel, that overwrites any manual change to the configuration file and third because the documented fixes (.htaccess and php.ini) do not work on your server.

To find out why they do not work, we would have to invest a considerable amount of time to get to know your unmanaged dedicated server, since we did not manage it before and are not familiar with its configuration.

The keyword is here: unmanaged dedicated server.
If you like to upgrade to a managed dedicated server, you should talk with our sales department.

Dont tell here that an control panel should be an problem to make custom changes without being overwritten due the cp.... Its very common to make custom configurations.....

Apoc
23/09/10, 16:19
Just a suggestion.. if you don't spiek very goed Inglish, then don't.

I would say that Swiftway should just provide a clear description of how any Superracks client can contact them (just in case the client in question is unaware of that), and then just get this thread closed before it escalates into yet another drama soap.

Swiftway-UK
23/09/10, 16:25
I would say that Swiftway should just provide a clear description of how any Superracks client can contact them

Clients can contact Superracks by contacting superracks on their standard Email addresses. Superracks has their own staff now, two managers from Swiftway are still helping with the management, but this will also stop from next week. Superracks will be a independent entity with their own staff members and dedicated team.

Dont tell here that an control panel should be an problem to make custom changes without being overwritten due the cp.... Its very common to make custom configurations.....

Its not a control panel the new Superracks staff is very familiar with. So there is a learning curve. I like to again point out, that this concerns an unmanaged server (unmanaged means, managed by client).

fusionict
15/10/10, 13:11
Does anybody have some phone numbers of this "new staff". I'm getting crazy by their "slow" responses >3 days, which includes no info on my questions at all (they are stalling). If I ask them which package I'm paying for, they just ask me what I think I have. They don't have any logins to any of the old systems of superracks I think.

I want to move my domains and get the locks off the .com and authcodes, but they aren't helping in any way. Probably because they don't know or don't have logins to the registrar sites.

They are probably on the edge of Bankruptcy if they continue to deliver no service and response.

Swiftway-UK
15/10/10, 19:43
I want to move my domains and get the locks off the .com and authcodes, but they aren't helping in any way. Probably because they don't know or don't have logins to the registrar sites.

Its a pretty messy backend, but i know they do what they can.

They are probably on the edge of Bankruptcy if they continue to deliver no service and response.

Do not worry about this, it will not go bankrupt. The firm that owns Swiftway is paying the bills for Superracks while the new staff is trying to piece the puzzle together.

fusionict
16/10/10, 11:18
Again no answer on the question!? Do you have a phone number of your staff? As you have time to respond here, trying to protect some of your company's name. Why don't you try to help your customer out here? As my tickets are clearly in Swiftway's support system.

Jordy

Wynand
16/10/10, 12:14
Unless you contract says otherwise, you only have mail support. They, and no one, are in no way obligated to provide you phone support.
The phone number they provide (not sure so which clients) is for emergency cases only.

fusionict
16/10/10, 12:27
Are you part of Swiftway? Yes i have a full managed service. Which includes 24h support. That number is not reachable since they took over. Only discuss if you know where your talking about, your comment has nothing to do with it. Their support hasn't answered anything in the last 10 days.

Wynand
16/10/10, 12:31
No, just a happy customer.

The-BosS
16/10/10, 17:12
Why don't you try to help your customer out here?
Because this isn't the officiaal helpdesk forum for the company, the rules of WHT clearly state that its not a helpdesk platform for hoster and their customers. That you ask for some answers fine, but don't ask and aspect for full support in this forum (that isn't why this forum is made for).

Swiftway-UK
16/10/10, 17:42
Again no answer on the question!? Do you have a phone number of your staff?

Not at this moment, but the team of Superracks are working hard to get the VOIP number transfered to their own.
There are no open old tickets from you in the queue, only some new ones. So something must have gone wrong with yours. I advice you to send the request again.
If you indeed have full management with 24hour support by phone, make sure to include the agreement with the new ticket.

I just partially solved one issue for you. The other part, i will help solving once you made sure your part of the agreement and obligations has been fulfilled.

fusionict
16/10/10, 20:19
My obligation was to pay?! That is way you telling me now? As you could see and I just confirmed by mail is that I've paid everything on the 4th! That is more as 12 days ago! And your publicy telling here I didn't pay! This is just incredible! Check your bank account!!

Just for everyone's and your knowledge. The payments were always automatically. Just when I tried getting support. I heard Superracks was taken over and you didn't had access to their accounts! Also you didn't know what my agreement was with Superracks in the past. On top of this I paid on the 4th and you still haven't done anything support me in any way. Also by posting here, that I need to sent my agreement is just a confirmation that you don't know anything of Superracks customers.

I need to sent my agreement by email/ticket to get a phone number? So I can get support!? This is crazy!

Just some advice: When replying. Get your facts straight!

Wynand
16/10/10, 20:24
Actually, you're the one that just gave away on a public forum that your part of the agreement was a lacking payment.
Not sure, but it could be that the account number for the bills changed, and that your automatic payment just ended up at the wrong place.
But as stated before, why are you seeing these forums as a helpdesk for your provider?

fusionict
16/10/10, 20:32
Wynand, I just added myself to the discussion. Where do I say I haven't paid??? Your starting to sound as Swiftway, because I did pay and just confirmed it? Maybe my english is bad, but I don't see myself saying it. If you read my messages, I have nothing to do with webhost2 or his company! I'm just "another" customer of Superracks (Hans). As he got some reply's from Swiftway, I though I just share my experience! It helps as I get a lot of private messages from people who are also having the same issues with this party!

So yes your right, This is not a helpdesk, but they them selves are replying here and didn't (until I started the discussion last week) through their own channels. If they just reply to their customers, there is nothing going wrong. But they never replyed until I kicked this topic.

If this discussion is in the wrong topic and mod should move it. Any other way, I think this discussion is pretty helpfull for current customers of Swiftway aka Superracks now.

Wynand
16/10/10, 20:35
I'm aware that you're a different user, apart from the comment in the last sentence I'm not really making a reference that indicates that you're the same user. I'm sorry if I implied that.

fusionict
16/10/10, 20:41
No problem Wijnand. I just want to have the facts straight. Also I'm not into getting Swiftway a bad name. But honestly.. if you read through the reply's.. You should now what I'm trying to make clear here.

davinci
16/10/10, 21:07
heren...
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/nederlandse-boeken/i-always-get-my-sin/1001004002618081/index.html

waarom engels?? Het is, voor zover ik begrijp, niet jullie moedertaal...
Daarnaast is dit ook een nederlands forum.
En zoals al vaker gezegd, ook geen support forum.

Wynand
16/10/10, 21:08
heren...
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/nederlandse-boeken/i-always-get-my-sin/1001004002618081/index.html

waarom engels?? Het is, voor zover ik begrijp, niet jullie moedertaal...
Daarnaast is dit ook een nederlands forum.
En zoals al vaker gezegd, ook geen support forum.Because there are users reading this thread that don't speak Dutch...

davinci
16/10/10, 21:15
Because there are users reading this thread that don't speak Dutch...

TS != FusionICT. De TS was misschien Engels (post is van augustus).
Daarna is echter 'de draad' 'gehijacked' door fusionict vanwege een support vraag...
En dan begrijp ik eerlijk gezegd niet wat de meerwaarde voor 'foreign' 'gebruikers' is om deze welles/nietes discussie te volgen op een forum waar deze dan weer niet voor bedoeld is....

*maar genoeg offtopic (buiten het onderwerp), ook door mij...*

Swiftway-UK
16/10/10, 21:40
If this discussion is in the wrong topic and mod should move it. Any other way, I think this discussion is pretty helpful for current customers of Swiftway aka Super racks now.

I find this highly inappropriate. I try to help you. Swiftway only helps out the new Super racks staff, because the company is - frankly speaking - a mess.
<my personal opinion>
If the company was not taken over by Eureka Solutions, it would probably be in serious trouble now. You probably would be offline now and had most likely no one to turn to. Thats the most likely scenario if takeover did not occur.
</my personal opinion>
Swiftway is not Superracks. Superracks is a independent company and at this point, we are only helping to sort out the mess.
Eureka Solutions has been paying all the bills from Superracks - while Eureka has to date no access to the Superracks bank account.

I did not imply that you did not pay your bills. I said there are still some obligations you need to take care of.
I am sorry - but commenting on public fora on this topic seems not the way forward. So i will quit doing so - speculate all you like from now on.