PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Good Provider? RackEdge?

kelso
17/01/08, 00:33
Hey guys,

I currently have some boxes at leaseweb, while they are a good provider, their support is absolutely horrible. I've been trying to order a server from RackEdge, they have been very hard to get ahold of, so now I am coming to you WHT :) to recommend me a good provider with similar prices to leaseweb, but a bit better support.

Thanks

Stewie
17/01/08, 00:37
If you would like some quotes, post your request here: http://www.webhostingtalk.nl/shared-colocated-dedicated-reseller-registratie-aanvragen/

rensariens
17/01/08, 00:41
sales@rackedge.com is responding fine here :)

Mikej0h
17/01/08, 00:47
Hey guys,

I currently have some boxes at leaseweb, while they are a good provider, their support is absolutely horrible. I've been trying to order a server from RackEdge, they have been very hard to get ahold of, so now I am coming to you WHT :) to recommend me a good provider with similar prices to leaseweb, but a bit better support.

Thanks

Hi Kelso,

I've got the same experience as you however in the salespart they were quite fast.
The server itself was good quality (Dell equipment) and in good health, but when I needed their support I had to call them several times (mostly I got their voicemail or they changed their numbers, AGAIN).
Also it's difficult for those guys to keep their promises (when they promised me to send APC remote reboot details, I got the answer "we will send you the information within a few minutes", but I had to re-ask the questions instantly.)

RackEdge co-locates their servers with LeaseWeb.
The network was fine, the price was average. However, don't expect support for the money you pay.

I you would ask me to recommend them or trust them to keep my business running at their servers I would say: NO.

Good luck in your search for a good server-host!

kelso
17/01/08, 01:11
Hi thanks for the review Mike. I was talking to sales on msn, he told me his colleague will be contacting me shortly ( 48 hours later ) this was a bit of as rush order as well. Who did you end up going with?

As for looking for quotes.. I am not looking for quotes, I am looking for a solid provider.

Mikej0h
17/01/08, 01:24
Hi thanks for the review Mike. I was talking to sales on msn, he told me his colleague will be contacting me shortly ( 48 hours later ) this was a bit of as rush order as well. Who did you end up going with?

As for looking for quotes.. I am not looking for quotes, I am looking for a solid provider.

We took the step to purchase the servers ourselves.
For us it was a good way in order to improve the reliability, quality, and responsetimes. Now we can access the servers ourselves (which is not possible with a dedicated server). Many ++'s for us.

We still don't regret we left RackEdge and started to handle hardware by ourselves.
Knip: reclame

kelso
17/01/08, 03:06
We took the step to purchase the servers ourselves.
For us it was a good way in order to improve the reliability, quality, and responsetimes. Now we can access the servers ourselves (which is not possible with a dedicated server). Many ++'s for us.

We still don't regret we left RackEdge and started to handle hardware by ourselves.
Knip: reclame

What is your website? Do you have similar offers?

Thanks

McRox
17/01/08, 03:54

Can you please PM/email me your info or respond to your current ticket? I would gladly help you further or at least look into this further, but I have no idea who you are! :)

Alrik
17/01/08, 04:05
Hey guys,

Thanks

Try solidhost!

They have nice support, nice prices and nice management, support is also in english (even native english(usa) technicals if i remember well)

solidhost dot com

Mastje
17/01/08, 07:46
Try contact Leaseweb. I think the support is horrible, because you have the "Self Managed" SLA. So they won't do much and all on best effort. If you upgrade you're SLA, you will get much better service :)

After all, you get what you pay for..

kelso
17/01/08, 08:30
Try contact Leaseweb. I think the support is horrible, because you have the "Self Managed" SLA. So they won't do much and all on best effort. If you upgrade you're SLA, you will get much better service :)

After all, you get what you pay for..
149 euro to get 24/7 reboots? "Get what you pay for" We have over 8 servers there right now.. that's 1200 euro just to get a reboot? lol you must be joking it's a good value.

Mikej0h
17/01/08, 09:42
What is your website? Do you have similar offers?

Thanks

RackEdge has allot of high-bandwidth offers.
Several users on this forum can offer dedicatedservers, but with a specified bandwidth of your choice.

If you post a topic in the advertisement/request forum (http://www.webhostingtalk.nl/shared-colocated-dedicated-reseller-registratie-aanvragen/) they will make you an offer.

wonko
17/01/08, 09:50

As most users on this forum are hosters/colocators themself, getting a fair review or unbiased replies might be nearly impossible. If you want the users to make you some offers, you should open a topic in the correct section (see posting above), and see what you get. Ask for references, try their phone numbers,...

kelso
18/01/08, 00:16
Thanks guys for all of your help (Great community, people are very knowledgeable here). I Have decided to go with SwiftWay, their sales team is very educated and professional. I just wish they had faster setup times, but a small flaw in what seems to be a great service :)

Thanks again

Stewie
18/01/08, 00:37
I think you might get better offers if you post a request for a quote here: http://www.webhostingtalk.nl/shared-colocated-dedicated-reseller-registratie-aanvragen/

It's worth the shot?

PeterT
18/01/08, 14:26
I think you might get better offers if you post a request for a quote here: http://www.webhostingtalk.nl/shared-colocated-dedicated-reseller-registratie-aanvragen/

It's worth the shot?

I think that if he has already decided it's not really necessary to post this even though you don't like his choice?

Stewie
18/01/08, 14:30
Think again PeterT

PeterT
18/01/08, 14:39
-not appreciated-