PDA

Bekijk Volledige Versie : Windows Dedicated Server

Inforcer
29/07/06, 17:08
Hi all!

I hope that this is the right forum for this. If not, I apologize!

I am planning on the following Dedicated Server Package:

AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+
512 MB RAM
3000 GB Traffic
2x 80 GB HDD / RAID1
Full Backup Service (weekly, daily will cost extra)
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

What would you assume as a fair price for this package i.e. what would you be willing to pay for this as a maximum?

I will use the feedback here, to decide wether I will do this package or not. Thanks!!

Robert

WebXtrA-Rámon
29/07/06, 17:54
~ EUR 260 excl. VAT per month with software RAID.
~ EUR 270 excl. VAT per month with hardware RAID.

By the way, why Frankfurt?

EDIT: Regarding the Backup costs, depends on how long you want to keep the old data, the size of the backup and the interval of the backups (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly).

Price will also increase depending on what kind of service level agreement you will take and what kind of uptime is guarenteed.

Inforcer
29/07/06, 18:01
It is Frankfurt cause the DC is located there, so are my other servers. The backup would be 100%, meaning 80GB. The duration of the backup space would be infinite.

Question: Since I HAVE 1 of those servers, which I received as a bonus, where can I post it here for sale? I only managed to identify a REQUEST forum ... my dutch sucks :)

WebXtrA-Rámon
29/07/06, 18:14
Well, you will need a number from the "Deutche Handels Kammer" in your region otherwise you are not allowed to advertise here. Also other rules apply.
To be sure you can check with a Moderator here.

Inforcer
29/07/06, 18:20
Well, you will need a number from the "Deutche Handels Kammer" in your region otherwise you are not allowed to advertise here. Also other rules apply.
To be sure you can check with a Moderator here.

I have my business in Greece. My ID is EL069067800
Should be good, no?

WebXtrA-Rámon
29/07/06, 18:36
I guess that should be O.K.

veenman
29/07/06, 19:13
I have my business in Greece. My ID is EL069067800
Should be good, no?
I guess you will be allowed to offer something here. I suggest you fill out your VAT number in your profile in the field 'KvK NL', so moderators and visitors can see directly that you are a registered business.

Inforcer
29/07/06, 20:07
Price will also increase depending on what kind of service level agreement you will take and what kind of uptime is guarenteed.

99.9% SLA, no problem ;)

WebXtrA-Rámon
29/07/06, 20:08
Network or Sever uptime? ;)

Inforcer
29/07/06, 20:10
Network or Sever uptime? ;)

99.9%, as said in previous post. I am with them for 3-4 months now, got several machines and never had downtime unless I rebooted.

I guess you will be allowed to offer something here. I suggest you fill out your VAT number in your profile in the field 'KvK NL', so moderators and visitors can see directly that you are a registered business.

I did! I also have a "SOFI number" here in NL, since I work for HP in Maastricht. But my registered business (an "EPE" which is similar to LTD/B.V./GmbH/Inc.) is in Greece though and 100% legit and running. All Invoices I issue, I issue from there.

host3000
29/07/06, 20:16
It strikes me as somehow weird that you would be asking what price is fair, if you have a dozen of them:

I got this Server as a bonus for having over a dozen by now. I do not need it so I am "auctioning it off" here.

Why don't you give the same information here:

Price per bid, but above 80 Euros/month

Inforcer
29/07/06, 20:42
It strikes me as somehow weird that you would be asking what price is fair, if you have a dozen of them:
Why don't you give the same information here:

Oh yes, you are right. I have some explaining to do.

I do not rent Windows Servers but Linux ones with Suse 10 and Plesk 8.0
Since I migrated all my business and now own almost a dozen servers, I got a Windows one for free, as a bonus.

Normally that costs around 100 Euros/Month with backup and the license but for me it is free. Since I don't need it, I want to rent it out.