Mod_security 1.7 has been released. It is immediately available for
This release contains major new functionality, see changes below for
Mod_security is an Apache module whose purpose is to protect
vulnerable applications and reject human or automated attacks.
It is an open source intrusion detection and prevention system
for Apache. In addition to request filtering, it also creates Web
application audit logs. Requests are filtered using regular
expressions. Some of the things possible are:
* Apply filters against any part of the request (URI,
headers, either GET or POST)
* Apply filters against individual parameters
* Reject SQL injection attacks
* Reject Cross site scripting attacks
With few general rules mod_security can protect from both
known and unknown vulnerabilities.
* Output filtering has been added to Apache 2.x.
* The ability to filter cookies directly has been added.
* Apache can now pretend to be some other Web server through
the SecServerSignature directive.
* Three new actions: "allow" to finish filter processing and let
the request through, "chain" to chain several filter together
(logical AND), and "skipnext" to skip over filters.
* A new anti-evasion technique to fight null-byte attacks.
* Finally, the module now runs on Netware.
Resultaten 1 tot 1 van de 1
Onderwerp: [ANNOUNCE] mod_security 1.7 released
20/10/03 20:45Ivan Ristic
[ANNOUNCE] mod_security 1.7 released